Thursday, January 15, 2009

Working for a living.....

... sadly involves driving to places and meeting people. It's not I don't like meeting people, it's just a great number of them seem to be on the motorway at the same time getting to the same sort of places.

I drove to IBM Bedfont Lakes four times this week for meetings, the journey of 60 miles takes about 50 minutes on a clear run, unfortunately most of the mornings this week it took close on 90 minutes, the evening runs home took just over 60 minutes. So thats 10 hours spent driving in my car so far this week just getting to and from work.

I won't be driving anywhere tommorrow, but I will be undertaking a similar journey on Saturday when I take my brother to Heathrow on the first leg of his journey to live in Australia full time.

No comments: