Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ramsay beaten.... again


I have watched with great glee over the last couple of weeks Gordon Ramsay getting beaten with great regularity in a dessert competition by various guests from a Fire Station Watch, Al Murray, Kim & Aggie, Sarah Beeny & Janet Street-Porter.

This week Gordon was beaten by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Although Hugh was a professional chef in the past (he was sacked from the River Cafe for being too messy!), the series has shown that the simple, proven, tried & tested home cooked recipe's have always been the best & will continue to be. That's why people have for centuries passed them down to their offspring & why I try to share & get in return good, proven recipe's as often as possible from people who, like me, love their food.

I have to say that a few years ago, I was a sceptic when it came to Gordon Ramsay, the smug little twat that boasted that he used foreign apples when cooking for the English Apple Association lunch, was the height of an ego that was so far up his arse he could of licked his own balls.

But this series has shown me a different Ramsay, one that I have enjoyed watching. It has been informative, interesting, funny (mostly at Gordon's expense), full of good food, AND HE USES SALT & PEPPER AS SEASONING PROPERLY!

A new series in the offing for next year & although he would say to me he doesn't give a toss if I watch it or not, I will be. Who knows, I might even go & buy a book or two of his after Christmas to add to the hundreds of others from his peers past & present that I have already.

No comments: